- Saturday, 12 November 2011
- Written by Beatrix Zwart
There’s a fair amount of shopping apps to be had but what about if you’re not sure of a brand name, or in particular how to pronounce it correctly? Well this is exactly the conundrum fashionista Ruth Bonser faced. She wanted to buy a pair of shoes from a particular designer but wasn’t sure how to pronounce it without sounding like an idiot! Indeed with so many designers stemming from every corner of the globe, unless you’re a linguist it’s easy to miss pronounce a name your not familiar with and let’s face it, it can be pretty embarrassing, not to mention making shopping difficult. So, much like a point it picture book or bi-lingual holiday dictionary, except far more technologically advanced, FashionSpeak is the new savvy global shopping solution. This simple easy to use iPhone app by Ruth Bonser acts as a portable fashion directory. Designed for people with English as their mother tongue who are unsure of how to pronounce international fashion labels, the FashionSpeak app essentially translates by pronouncing each label in a clear, non-regional English female voice so the user can then confidently pronounce the designers name correctly. Available to buy from the iPhone app store for 69p, you’ll never feel awkward buying or discussing labels again – trust us we’ve tried it. Happy ease free shopping!
( 0 Votes )
Latest Shopping Items
- Pick of the day - J.Crew Merino boyfriend sweater
- Pick of the day - Penelope Chilvers DANDY PALM TREE Slipons
- Pick of the day - 3.1 Phillip Lim Ny City Printed Top
- Pick of the day - Preen Bo tartan wool trousers
- Get the NEON Look !
- Pick of the day - Roksanda Ilincic Tela Bistro Dupion Shirt
- Ready for Summer?
- Pick of the day – Friendship watch by Links of London
- The Ultimate Spring Jacket by Antipodium
- Get the Fresh Spring Summer Look with Shoshanna Dress