- Friday, 27 January 2012
- Written by Charlotte Cole
A surprising contrast to the usual light and pastel colours of spring, this season, clash against your clothing with heavy metallic eyes. This is not a subtle look, only the bold need apply! To really embrace this trend, don't shy away from creating dense, dark colour on your lids.
Use a base coat colour in a pale skin tone to allow the darker top coat to really pop. Pick a devilishly dark shade with a metallic sheen to keep the look fresh. If flat black isn't your colour, opt for darkest plum, navy or opulent green. Many make up brands now have black eye shadows with an iridescent sheen of colour, so choose whichever works best with your skin tone.
When it comes to applying the colour, more is more. Blend right into the socket, and to both corners of the eyes. Using a cream shadow will make the application infinitely easier. Ensure the colour is even by using sweeping motions from the inner to outer corner of the lid.
This trend can look very stark against the skin, so create a spring time softness by shaping the colour into a natural wide flick on the outer corner, and dabble a little of the colour underneath your bottom lashes, bringing the look together.
Asos Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara £16.50 www.asos.com
Primark Fatal Attraction Eyeliner £2.50 www.pimark.co.uk
Primark Smoky Eyes Kit £4 www.primark.co.uk
The Body Shop Baked To Last Eye Shadow £11.50 www.thebodyshop.com
The Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner £8.50 www.thebodyshop.com
( 2 Votes ) Last Updated on Friday, 27 January 2012 12:03
Latest Womens Beauty
- Clinique's NEW Moisture Surge CC Cream
- Get Nude Perfection with The Body Shop New BB Cream
- Celebrities love Dr Bronner's
- Cara Delevingne in YSL's new 'Babydoll' Collection
- Cleanse the skin, indulge the senses
- Hair at Edeline Lee Autumn/Winter 2013
- Autumn/Winter 2013 Nail Trends
- Julien MacDonald Autumn/Winter 2013 Hair & Make-up
- John Rocha Autumn/Winter 2013 Hair and Make-up
- Issa Autumn/Winter 2013 Hair and Make-up