Catwalk Worthy Nails
- Thursday, 14 June 2012
- Written by Charlotte Cole
The runways took nail possibilities to a whole new level this season. From Alexander McQueen’s foil wraps to Meadham Kirchhoff’s cutesy toy stencils, big nails were big news. Even neutral nails were super shiny and incredibly chic.
For catwalk worthy nails you need to start with a good base. File, buff and smooth out any bumps, giving the perfect backdrop for you trend-shattering colour scheme. Keep nails at a medium length and nicely squovaled for ultimate style kudos.
Whether your look is bold or basic, there is a nail trend to match. Fluoro colours were seen at Viktor & Rolph and DSquared2, whilst rich berry hues made waves at Donna Karan and Loewe. Altuzarra rocked neutral shades, with pearlescent polishes finishing off every look at their show.
Nail rock foils and wraps are the biggest trend of the season. Easy to apply, easy to remove and long lasting, these are a nail technician’s dream. We saw shiny gold foils at McQueen, Striped triangles at Gareth Pugh and playful animals at Meadham Kirchhoff. This nail trend looks like it’s here to stay.
So whatever your look, make your talons the star of the show.
Alexander McQueen ss12
Donna Karan ss12
Gareth Pugh ss12
Jason Wu ss12
Meadham Kirchhoff ss12
Viktor & Rolph ss12
( 0 Votes ) Last Updated on Thursday, 21 June 2012 21:14
Latest Womens Beauty
- Clinique's NEW Moisture Surge CC Cream
- Get Nude Perfection with The Body Shop New BB Cream
- Celebrities love Dr Bronner's
- Cara Delevingne in YSL's new 'Babydoll' Collection
- Cleanse the skin, indulge the senses
- Hair at Edeline Lee Autumn/Winter 2013
- Autumn/Winter 2013 Nail Trends
- Julien MacDonald Autumn/Winter 2013 Hair & Make-up
- John Rocha Autumn/Winter 2013 Hair and Make-up
- Issa Autumn/Winter 2013 Hair and Make-up